Friday, May 29, 2009

Pointless

Sometimes I think that life is absurd. Thanks Jean-Paul Sartre and Albert Camus. Don't worry though, that hasn't cause me to want to off myself even though I remain unconvinced by their arguments that I shouldn't. Just to show how pointless things can be sometimes I have found a video illustrating it. Does it ever feel to you like when you are trying to get something done the system is just working against you? Or the Universe is working against you? Or that your job is not to accomplish anything but just to work hard for no reason and then it's over? Well if so, then I disagree with you. You are a little too pessimistic. At worst the Universe is indifferent and at best it is actually working for you. That is why you are created so that it is ingrained in you to further your species. Hurrah for genes. Now, go further your species people. See ya!

2 comments:

  1. Hey do you have an existentiallism book that I can borrow? Because...I don't think the public library would carry that sort of thing, and you would. And also I don't like the cedar city public library. Don't tell my academic advisor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do have some existentialism books handy. I guess I could mail you one, or just bring it next time I come down to Cedar. Why don't you just use the school library? It would have a better selection than me and it's better than the Cedar Public Library.

    ReplyDelete