Saturday, May 23, 2009

Three Blogs, Now that's just Ridiculous!

So I have been thinking about pain and suffering a lot in the last couple of days. Maybe I will share those thoughts with you tomorrow when I am not trying to get to bed. Why do you have to keep interrupting my sleep!! I was going to bed and then I came upon a discovery. I hit my elbow really hard just five minutes ago on the banister and it was my "funny bone" so you know how serious of an injury it really was. Anyway, it hurt a lot and wanted to swear [it would be my first swear word so you know how much it hurt (I really couldn't have come up with one if I wanted to though, no swear words in specific I was just hurting)] and then a thought about pain that I have been going over in theory crossed my mind. It was that maybe pain isn't what it's all cracked up to be and quite possibly it isn't bad. I have been thinking about just embracing pain instead of fighting against it and rejoicing in the pain that I am frequently afflicted with (the afflictions of a nerd). I decided to rejoice in my pain and feel happy that it became a part of me and you know what. It didn't go away, my elbow still hurt but the pain inside me (not the arm but the rest of me) did leave me and it turns out that the elbow wasn't the part that was hurting the most. I was hurting, not my elbow. When I let go of my pain, the elbow pain wasn't that bad. Weird huh? So even if I have pain from external forces, I can choose whether or not to make it part of me and by rejecting it as a part of me I reject the greatest amount of pain. Try it some time and tell me if it works for you or if I am just crazy. If it turns out that I am crazy then that is good for me and bad for you. You don't want to have to become crazy to avoid pain but at least it is a perk that I am willing to exploit in myself. Craziness really can be happiness I guess.

5 comments:

  1. I happen to love the fact that my comments state critics. If you look at my other blogs - you'll notice that my comment is also known as people who love me, and interesting thing people have to say. :D However, your the first to comment on them, the word specifically. Sheesh - if anyone else reads this, they just might be confused - because I just made no sense what so ever - I'm barely understanding it, and I'm the english major. Ok - I'll stop rambling now.
    Interesting theory about pain - maybe I'll have to try it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh- and on the side note, I choose Blanding, UT because during my senior year in high school - i met a boy who was from there, and the boy is basically based off of him and his many sarcastic comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I could always facebook the answer to your questions, but what can I say? I'm quite lazy. And I don't know if you would see that I responded to your response if I just replied to your comment. so - go to layout, and then click on edit for the blog section, and it's one of those options.. did that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  4. there's lots of interesting things you can do..... as you will find out... :D Look on my blog again..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll see if I can try doing that next time I whack myself on something, but chances are I'll succumb to behaving like the natural (wo)man.

    ReplyDelete