Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to EVERYONE!
So I will be surprised if anyone actually reads this anywhere near the time of this posting because I haven’t posted anything in a while. Today though is a day of miracles because I have enough material from the thoughts I have gathered today for quite a few postings… all of which will be posted in the next couple of days (I hope). SO, on to the good stuff. I have two postings today, of which I will separate for the lazy readers that only want to read one at a time, or to make you feel like you are accomplishing a lot by reading two in one day. One posting will be true to the spirit of Christmas and be about Jesus Christ and the other will be about presents and such. This one is the latter and will be followed by the former (I like doing that for some reason so I will not fix that to improve my organization) (Also I am talking about order on my page and not chronological order which will be the opposite). Ok, so I woke up this morning to Hershey our dog jumping up on my bed and licking my face. Usually I just push the dog off the bed and try to keep it from jumping back up so I can go back to sleep but since it is Christmas I decided to wake up. I tried to hold on to Hershey and pet her but all she did was sneeze twice in my face and then she ran up the stairs. So for Christmas I got some pots and pans, a toaster oven, a burger cooker and some music and stuff. I also got this long tube wrapped in gold. When I opened it I found out that it was a paper towel roll without the paper towels on it. I tried to look inside it but I couldn’t see anything so I lifted it up and peered into it from under the opening. Something started to slide out so I quickly got out of the way and three knives fell out, barely missing my face, and stuck into the present that I had on my lap. Thank goodness for quick reflexes and a toaster oven on my lap or I would have either had a good reason to be called scarface or been castrated. Neither of those sounded like a good Christmas present. So after unwrapping all of these presents my parents observed that these all sounded like wedding presents. They were feeling pretty good about not having to get me all of that stuff when I get married sometime in the next decade (hopefully). So as we were all joking about this odd compilation of gifts I opened my last present, which turned out to be two tickets for the Phantom of the Opera in Las Vegas… for Valen’s tine day. At this discovery I burst into laughter because that topped the cake on presents regarding my personal relationships. So now I need to find someone to take to the Phantom… I am not making invitations yet since it is on February 14th I have a bit of time. Today we also watched a movie called “Cassandra’s Dream” which was probably the most depressing movie that I have watched in a long time. It was pretty much a mix between “Crime and Punishment” and “The Godfather.” If you have watched this movie we should talk about it, I would find a discussion really interesting. Speaking about movies, I just added a movie to the top of my list; “ELF” with Will Ferrell is now one of my favorites. I have seen it about 5 times before but after watching it again and it still being hilarious, I have decided to make it my only comedy on the top 10. Speaking about last night (which is when we saw elf) my father and I were listening to NPR and they were talking about contradictions in the Bible regarding the birth of Jesus so like usual in my house we decided to read both on Christmas Eve and debate it. I really can’t find anything that is contrary, let alone contradictory. The argument was mainly based on Herod the Great which lasted for quite some time. I love my family always conducting things in a way that would appall most of our neighbors if they were to come and discuss things such as religion or politics or philosophy at my house. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad my family isn't the only one that wraps presents oddly. Granted, my family doesn't get dangerous about knives. I got knives too, but they were still in the very safe packaging. About strange gift wrappings, my dad like to wrap things in duct tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, duct tape is just mean enough for me to want to do.

    ReplyDelete